The members of the individual technical committees come from a wide range of different companies in the European paper industry and its supplier industry in which they mostly work in senior positions in production, technology or engineering. Scientists from technical universities, universities of applied sciences and industry institutes are also represented. The sphere of activity of the 14 technical committees which exist at the moment covers the entire chain of paper making, and their activities thus form the foundation for the work of the association. The technical committees should be regarded as panels for the exchange of experiences, but in particular as working groups for solving shared problems and also for formulating and passing on topics for development to research institutes.
The following technical committees are currently active:
- Cellulose and Cellulose Derivatives (CELL)
- Chemical Additives (CHAD)
- Chemical Pulping (CHEP)
- Coating of Paper and Board (COAT)
- Microbiology (MBIO)
- Education and Training (EDUC)
- Plant Engineering and Energy (ENEN)
- Environmental Issues (ENVI)
- Mechanical Pulping (MECP)
- Paperboard Technology (PBTC)
- Paper Making (PMAK)
- Recovered Paper Utilisation (RECO)
- Health and Safety (SAFE)
- Pulp and Paper Testing (TEST)
The abbreviations in brackets are derived from the English names of the individual technical committees.
PDF-Download of the rules of procedure of the main committee, the technical committees and district groups.
ZELLCHEMING's handling of the German and European antitrust law as PDF-Download